Wednesday, September 30, 2009

So Not Crafty

Today as Ross and I were strolling around the produce section at Kroger we came across a bag of mini pumpkins. Ross inisisted (of course) that we needed them for the house. I agreed and we bought a bag. While on the way home I then had the bright idea that we should get some paint pens to decorate the little pumpkins so off to Hobby Lobby we went.

Little did I know that a small pack of 4 paint pens would cost me about $15.99. Good grief! That's a ridiculous amount of money especially for something that I'm just doing for fun AND not very good at might I add!

So we found a small package of clearance paint brushes ($4.99) and some paint ($2.99) and headed home. Aren't I just the bargain shopper!

My little helper


Our tools


Nice brown pumpkin...


And the finished product..

So as you can tell from the end result I have absolutely no skills when it comes to painting or being crafty. Oh well, at least we had fun!

Oh and on a side note...I'm very happy with myself that dinner is in the crock pot already. Usually we are deciding around 5:00 just what we are going to cook. I'm trying to be better in that department.

Have a great day!!!


2 comments:

angie said...

Hey!
Love the blog!! Ross is such a cutie!! I look forward to reading about what you guys are up to!

Juli Morgan said...

Thanks girl!! You inspired me! I love reading yours and Leah's!